How do repos get rebuilt from bodhi?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 20 21:58:33 UTC 2008

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I have been watching for packages pending in bodhi to get included in
> updates and updates-testing repos (since it is easier to grab stuff
> from repos) and haven't noticed a pattern to when this happens.
> I would expect that this would happen automatically on some schedule
> similar to rawhide builds, but it looks like it is manually driven.
> So I am curious if that is currently the case and if there are plans
> to eventually haven't automated pushes from bodhi to the appropiate repos?

Packages get build and are available via the build system at
http://koji.fedoraproject.org. If the package has been branched for
rawhide, it hits it automatically without any delay. However for release
branches, the package maintainers have to initiate a push to
updates-testing/updates repository manually through Bodhi which is the
updates system. The community can influence when it moves from
updates-testing to updates by providing feedback at

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates

Once a push has been initiated, the Bodhi maintainer or release
engineering team has to manually sign it. A automated signing server is
being developed at

https://fedorahosted.org/sigul

This is one of the many things planned to be deployed before the Fedora
10 release.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2008-May/msg00171.html

Hope that helps.

Rahul