Login as root on Fedora Core 9

Shashank bhides at gmail.com
Tue May 20 22:15:20 UTC 2008

> I previously had Fedora Core 6 and could login as root with no problems. On
> Fedora Core 9 although I set the root password and can successfully use it
> to get to System Administration settings, when I do the following:

1. So are you not able to login using the root password?
2. Can you login as any other user, and then use "su -" to become root?
3. Can you login as any other user at all? Or does the login fail with
an error   message?

If you need to recover your root password, boot to single user mode
and change your root password as mentioned here
(http://www.linuxforums.org/security/howto:_recover_root_password.html)