RAID 1: Dual boot Fedora 9 & XP

Sebastian Gurovich sebas0 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 22:16:17 UTC 2008

Is it possible to setup a RAID1 for a new installation of an XP/Fedora9 dual
boot system with two new hard-disks: (Seagate 500 GiB 32 Meg buffer)

I want to safeguard both the XP and Fedora partitions by having one disk
mirror the other.
Are there any good Fedora 9 guides to follow for this?
I haven't yet purchased the motherboard but I could go for one with a RAID
controller so I could also use so-called FAKE RAID. But would I need 1 or 2
controllers and which controllers are open source?
I'm really confused about using RAID1 with dual boot and so any help would
be much appreciated.