Any progress on FC9 flash sound issue?

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Tue May 20 23:11:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> Some info and a question: I went to the adobe site and found that the flash
> for Linux has been upgraded from v115 to v124. I installed that and it didn't
> help. So how do I see the undisplayed sliders? I checked "show all" in
> pavucontrol, and alsamixer show nothing but pulse, so where are these other
> sliders?

If you right click on the speaker icon you can select "Open Volume
Control" and then in preferences tick the boxes to show more controls. I
think amixer -c 0 may to this in command line mode or alsamixer -c0

> On the volume control the output output muted is the PC speaker, and the
> inputs are all enabled for all output and input devices. And output things
> like the "play" command work just fine. Haven't D/L mplayer to try that, but
> all the annoting snaps, crackles, pops, and chortles occur when a window is
> opened or closed, and when some menu items are selected. Other than flash the
> sound works fine.

play is a bad example, because I think that still uses the old sound
interface OSS. But if you are getting sound from other windows it is
probably just flash. Note for x86_64 you need libflashsupport.i386 to get
sound working.

 	Michael Young