F8 -> 9 oops :-(

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Wed May 21 05:58:55 UTC 2008

I "upgraded" from F8 to F9 and must have missed the prompt that said
"do you want to wipe out your whole system"?

Anyway, I ended up doing a "clean" install of F9 on sda and I *think*
my F8 system is still intact on sdb1.

>From F9, is there a way I can mount the file system on sdb1 so it is
available for copying stuff from?

If I can do that, I can just copy over the stuff I need/want...
otherwise I'm looking at several hours of inconvenience.

(Like re-ripping all my music CDs)

I want to mount "/" from the old system... but I don't really get how
to do that without it looking like I'm trying to have two "root"
directories.

Thanks,