skype repository for fedora 9

Izhar Firdaus kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 08:00:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Andrea Mastellone
<andrea.mastellone at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> Izhar Firdaus wrote:
>>
>> 2008/5/21 Adel ESSAFI <adel.safi at imag.fr>:
>>>
>>> Dear all
>>> I always had problems with fedora and skype :(
>>> on F9, it works! but when I try to place a call, it shows that "problem
>>> with
>>> voice".
>>> Could you help please.
>>> Regards
>>> ps: I use a dell D630 laptot with intel STAC92xx sound card.
>>
>> might  have been pulseaudio .. try
>>
>> http://blog.kagesenshi.org/2008/04/little-hack-to-get-working-skype-rpm.html
>> ..
>>

> In F9 I have fixed it by setting, in the Skype preferences - item "Sound
> Devices", "pulse" in the sound input, output and ringing preferences instead
> of "default".

that doesnt really work with me though (worked sometimes, broke on the
rest) .. especially when i try running several audio stream at once ..
 the Open Sound  skype worked well for me .. mileage might vary ..

--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru