Fedora 9 unable to boot after install

Ed Smith esmith at bcc.ctc.edu
Thu May 22 04:35:49 UTC 2008

I was running an FC5 system that I attempted an upgrade to Fedora 9 on.
When I ran into library problems after booting the upgrade, I decided to
do a clean reinstall.

During the reinstall, Anaconda detected my SATA hard drives correctly-
sda (Maxtor), which had the previous OS, and an additional internal SATA
drive (WD), sbd. I installed on sda, the installation completed without
errors, but Fedora will not boot.

I get as far as starting udev, which returns OK, and then drive all
activity stops and the screen goes blank. There's no indication of what
the error may be.

I'd appreciate any suggestions about what to do to find the problem and
resolve it. I read an earlier post about drives not being correctly
listed in grub.conf, so I think I'll start by booting to a rescue disk
and checking out the file.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ed