KDE4 small issues

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu May 22 06:22:59 UTC 2008

Federico Marziali <federico.marziali <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Anyhow, just to report some minor issues in KDE4 (Which I like, but
> the Oxygen style does not really suite me... I guess it is a matter of
> personal taste)

You're aware that the style can be changed, aren't you?

> 1. When selecting eject for the DVD-unit in the computer panel of the
> kickoff, the disk just gets unmounted, but actually it is not ejected.
> Any idea how to fix this?

This sounds like a bug, but unfortunately I'm not sure what's wrong exactly.

> 2. The "sounds" section in System settings does not seem to work
> properly. Whatever I select on the left frame, the right frame does
> not change. So how can I deactivate system sound notifications?

The "sounds" section only configures what output device sounds go to, the
system notifications are configured somewhere else. The right frame appears not
to change because the selection of output devices is always the same, as is the
default device selection (which you haven't changed).

> 3. Superkaramba theme RadioList-mplayer does not work (Superkaramba
> claims some components are missing...) Any idea why or suggestion for
> a Plasmoid replacement to listen to a pre-built list of online radios?

There will be a version of Superkaramba which works with Plasma in KDE 4.1.

        Kevin Kofler