NFS mount problem!

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 15:23:06 UTC 2008

Hello List!

I have just upgraded, via fresh install, a server to fedora 9 and none
of my machines can mount the nfs share!

This is the exports file from the server:

/video1     192.168.1.*(rw,insecure,sync)

This is the output when I try to mount the share from one of the other machines:

mount: mount to NFS server 'ns1' failed: System Error: No route to host.

I run local name servers on my network and name resolution is provided
for the lan and wan
and works fine.

I can ping ns1 from any machine and it works.
I can ping ns1.local.net from any machine and it works.
I can ping any external host www.google.com and it works.

I do not understand the No route to host error.

This it the same setup that  I had with fedora 8 and all worked well.

The /video1 share is used for local backup storage.

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at