Updating the background image

Jason D. Triolo jasonacg at citicom.com
Thu May 22 19:26:14 UTC 2008

There's a webcam image that I want to use as background wallpaper, and
have that image automatically update at a given interval. I was able to
do this with a script, up through Fedora 6. The script stopped working
from 7 and up, and I abandoned the project.

As I move to 9, I would like to get that little toy back. Downloading
the image is the easy part (the script still does that flawlessly), but
the problem comes in getting the GNOME desktop to see the changed file
and apply the change.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks,
Jasono