Updating the background image

Jason D. Triolo jasonacg at citicom.com
Thu May 22 23:08:30 UTC 2008

Sjoerd Mullender wrote:

> Perhaps you can use (one line, all but last argument as is):
>
> gconftool-2 -t string -s /desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename
> /path/to/file.jpg

Unfortunately, this didn't help. In order for the image to change, I
have to right-click on the desktop and select "Change Desktop Background."

When I do that, of course, the thumbnail images appear. Once it loads
the updated image (under the same filename as its predecessor) as a
thumbnail, only then does the background update. My goal is to find a
way to fully automate the process.

Thanks for the help...any other ideas?

Jason