KDE 4.0 desktop... can I... back to KDE 3.5.9 ?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu May 22 23:30:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 16:59 -0600, linuxguy wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 20:40 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > It's moving rapidly, too.  Dolphin can handle split panes in 4.0.4.
> > Every
> > update brings us 'must-have' features restored.
>
> As nice as that may be, why did it ship without the essential stuff
> working ?  Uninstalling and reinstalling f8 isn't an option.  It would
> take too much time.  Now I have to put up with this for the next few
> months.
>
> I am REALLY disappointed this happened.  I knew it was an early release
> of KDE 4.0.   I didn't realize that it was so disabled as well.
----
take a deep breath, log out, switch to GNOME and log in...re-acquaint
yourself with GNOME for the time being.

I personally found GNOME to work better on F9 with 512MB RAM but I stuck
in another 512MB and KDE-4 works a bit better now (also the updates that
came out yesterday seem to have helped a bit too).

Craig