LTSP keyboard question in Fedora 9

Zoltan Boszormenyi zboszor at freemail.hu
Fri May 23 09:58:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

thanks for all the hard work integrating LTSP5 into Fedora.
My son is happy that he has sound on his machine now. :-)

However, I have a problem. How can I set up hungarian keyboard
for LTSP clients? ltsp-build-client created an en_US.UTF-8 client
with US keyboard. I changed these files:

/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/sysconfig/i18n:
--------------------------------
LANG="hu_HU.UTF-8"
--------------------------------

/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/sysconfig/keyboard:
--------------------------------
KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"
KEYTABLE="hu"
--------------------------------

This matches the host that was installed natively with Hungarian settings.
The host was a Fedora 8/x86-64, now upgraded to (not re-installed with)
Fedora 9.

However, it seems only the i18n setting is applied, the X logon screen is
 giving me Hungarian messages but still uses the US keyboard.
I can add the keyboard switcher applet inside the clients to switch
to hungarian but I would like to have Hungarian starting from the logon
screen.
How can I do it?

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi