Troubleshooting yum

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 23 13:11:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 12:40 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> What worried me was the 'older than'.  How could that be?

I can see that happening in two ways:

When you last yum updated, *your* files were dated then.  If the mirror
hasn't changed in the meantime, its files will be older than yours.
Though, I would have thought that your files might be dated the same as
whatever you fetched, so yum would see something the same-as, rather
than something older on the server.

A more probably alternative:  You've used different mirrors while yum
updating, from one attempt to another.  The one that you're currently
trying is older than one you've used before.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.