Writing CD is driving me crazy.using xcdroast

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 23 14:54:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 10:22 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 22 May 2008 22:30, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > I have done his before but I can't do it now.
> >
> > I start xcdroast and go though the setup. My CD device is found.
> > I then I go to Master Tracks and my CD device is indicated.
> > I set up the session I want to burn but at the top of the display it
> > indicates no CD Loaded.
> >
> > Sure enough when I got to burn the CD on the fly I get a message there
> > is no CD in the drive. I can see the Blank CD on my desktop.
> >
> > This works in WinXP. Where have I gone wrong?
> >
> Have you checked that the CD isn't mounted?  It may be the wrong error
> message.  I think you have to have the CD available but not mounted before
> you can burn.
>
> Anne

I thought of that.. But How do you check if the CD is mounted?
 I unchecked the two options under Preferences->Hardware->Removable Drives and Media
that seem to be related to that.
Running mount does not show the CD mounted but I still see the image of
thew CD on the Desktop. So I am stumped. Any further help out there? k3b does the same thing..

Yow! It's some people inside the wall! This is better than mopping!
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net