Login as root on Fedora Core 9

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat May 24 02:52:25 UTC 2008

bruce wrote:
> hey bill...
>
> i'm not sure i see what the issue is???
>
> if you're trying to get a remote gui/desktop on an fc9 system, wouldn't vnc
> still work?

Not sure what the OP was doing, but I have been trying to get a decent
performance video in FC9 (or a box which was okay on FC8), and my best
guess is the the sis driver for FC9 is very slow. There a "S-L-O-W"
thread, I won't reprise it here, it's current. Vesa is faster than the
sis driver :-(

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>