LiveCD and openvpn configs

Todd N todd655495 at yahoo.com
Sat May 24 03:12:19 UTC 2008

  Hello,

  Using the livecd-tools package, I'm trying to build a Live CD that is set up with a working openvpn client.  I have taken what I think are all the config settings for openvpn (from an already existing, configured OS with a functional openvpn setup), and placed them in /etc/skel in the Live CD's ext3 filesystem.  (I got the configs from /home/<user>/.gconf/system/networking/connections.)  I am also creating a user in the %post section of the pertinent kickstart file.

  I would expect that when the Live CD is booted, the user will be created and the openvpn settings will be copied in from /etc/skel to that user's home directory.

  On booting the Live CD I create, when first logging into the user's desktop the customized openvpn settings do not seem to be present.  However, if I log out of that user and then log back in, the settings are there.  Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?  Am I missing some other configurations?

  I will be happy to clarify if anyone has any questions on what I am asking - or trying to ask.  :-)

  Thanks much,
  Todd