Hang at boot time at Freeing unused kerenl memory

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Sat May 24 11:34:08 UTC 2008

i Have a very old machine, an HP Brio Celeron 333 that I use as a test
machine and have always run Fedora on it previously.  This had usually
involved fiddling around with kernel parameters, typically acip=force and
xdriver=vesa.

However with Fedora 9 it hangs at "Freeing unused kernel memory" with
these settings.  I have tried others, noapic, noprobe, acpi=off and it
doesn't even get this far.  Anyone know of anything else I could try.

Thanks

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 12:30:18 up 1 day, 17:02,  1 user,  load average: 0.03, 0.03, 0.00