Web server permission in FC9

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun May 25 01:14:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 10:26 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Tim wrote:
> > Tim:
> >
> > Charles Layno:
> >> I was going to thank you for your help. It solved my problem but if this
> >> bothers you to the point of a busting a blood vessel, I think I will look
> >> elsewhere for help. I know you don't care, and I don't care you don't care,
> >> but you ranting is not worth my time and I will be sure to "spread the word"
> >> of this list's "helpfulness at your own risk" in my travels.
>
> [snipped most of Tim's observations]
>
> > Bloated messages waste everybody's bandwidth and storage space (the list
> > server's, and all of the list participants).
>
> And just how is this tirade reducing bandwidth bloat?  I don't blame you
> for criticizing the top-posting, but address your harangue to the poster

I agree with Tim. Just maybe the several others that top-post might get
a hint as well. I'm on another list, that is supposed to be a very
professional list that top posts technical information and it is hard as
hell to recall anything that was posted. It's a damn sorry state of
affairs. But, since it is the norm of that list, I shut up. Anyone with
two grains of common sense would note very quickly that this is a bottom
posting list as per USENET rules. Who knows, some might even start
trimming their posts as well. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar