Fedora-9 minor issue #4

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun May 25 01:29:43 UTC 2008

charles f. zeitler wrote:

>> Sometimes - about once a day - when I click on a panel icon
>> my Fedora-9 + KDE system stops responding.
>> The mouse moves but cannot activate anything.
>>
>> The only solution I have found is Ctr-Alt-Backspace
>> which restarts X (as I understand).
>>
>> 1) Do others share this experience?
>>
>> 2) Is there any less drastic solution than Ctr-Alt-Backspace?
>
> have you tried pressing just the Ctr key?

I would have tried that, certainly.

Actually, this behaviour no longer occurs,
I presume because of some update.
(I run "yum update" religiously every night.)

However, there is still a problem starting applications
by pressing on icons in the panel.
I usually have to press several times,
or else hold down the left button for several seconds,
before there is a response.