what kind of /etc/fstab is this?

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Sun May 25 15:49:14 UTC 2008

On Sat, 24 May 2008 23:14:29 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:

> Amadeus W.M. wrote:
>> So I can't change this, can I?
>
> You're perfectly free to change them.  However, if you change them to
> use device names, you're not allowed to complain if it breaks because
> the device names change on reboot someday. :)

That's precisely my worry.

I'm not convinced about the utility of having schizophrenic partition
labels upon install, with no other option. How many people run several
unixes on the same computer? 5% maybe? Then maybe they should be given the
option to have ugly labels, and let the rest of us have pretty labels by
default.

But enough noise already.