ddclient getting internet IP from AP

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun May 25 16:36:30 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 10:38 -0400, Jim wrote:
> FC 8
> I'm using a  2WIRE783 router/modem AP from AT&T and I want  ddclient to
> be able to get the Internet IP for my network
> so it can forward it to dyndns.com.
> The other methods i'm using like "getip.com" and so on is not working, I
> think they are shutting me out.
> Is there a HowTo someplace to explain howto get it from the AP.

Do you use a web page/ip to view/admin your router?  If so, what is the
URL to the router that shows your IP that it gets from the modem (the
exact web page)?  Put that in your ddclient.conf file where the others
are.  Either it's in there and just uncomment it out (changing the info
obviously), or copy how they do it and use the same.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org