gnome keyring

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Sun May 25 22:56:17 UTC 2008

Like many others, I ran into the problem of evolution asking and insisting
for access to the keyring, and I solved it by deleting everything in
~/.gnome2/keyrings. Evolution is cool now, but I don't thing that's the
right solution. I think it'd be good to have a standard way of storing the
million passwords that I have, so I'm trying to use gnome-keyring-manager
to do that. As of right now I have my passwords stored in a file,
encrypted with gpg.

I created a "misc" keyring, but then I don't know what else to do. I did a
google search and I found this on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME_Keyring

On my machine, the Key and Applications panels are empty. Shouldn't I be
able to actually store some keys in it? Am I supposed to do anything
besides creating and deleting empty keyrings?

Somebody, please shed some light here. Pointers to documentation (which I
wasn't able to find) would be fine. Thanks!