Chkrootkit F8-F9

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon May 26 09:51:09 UTC 2008

On Sun, 25 May 2008 11:06:01 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:

> On some boxes, I get this when running Chkrootkit
>
> Checking `lkm'... find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc/1:
> this may be a bug in your filesystem driver.  Automatically turning on
> find's -noleaf option.  Earlier results may have failed to include
> directories that should have been searched.

It's a warning printed by "find". See "man find".
The warning is reproducible with a simple

  find /proc >/dev/null

so it's something where the /proc virtual file-system causes
problems.

> How do I correct this.

Since /proc is a virtual file-system, one would first need to find out
under which circumstances /proc/1 causes this problem.

--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
loadavg: 1.22 1.10 1.03