Cannot build pdftk for F9

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Mon May 26 18:05:12 UTC 2008

2008/5/26 Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>:
> On Mon, 26 May 2008 11:02:36 +0100
> Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to build pdktk for F9 from the source, but getting the
>> following errors:
>
> Has any consideration been given to adding pdftk to Livna or something
> similar?  It's a fairly widely-used program and not having it available in a
> current repository is, frankly, a bit of a scary outlook for the future.

There's actually now no reason it can't be added back into Fedora. The
issue was the licensing of iText, on which pdftk depends. iText was
pulled from the fedora repos after F-7, but could now be re-added, as
long as an up to date version was packaged, and then pdftk could be
added back to the Fedora repo. It just needs someone to do the work.

Jonathan