repository for thunderbird [solved] + structuring boxes

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue May 27 15:19:51 UTC 2008

g wrote:
| Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
| > limited to "Inbox", "Trash" and "Junk".  I have
| > hundreds of folders under my inbox as well as
|
| dan,
|  this is not in thinking you do not know. only for those who may not.
| ___________

[snip!]

I think the "box" (folders/directory) layouts are
arbitrary, you can setup your structures as you desire.
I have "boxes" both under "Inbox" and outside of "Inbox".
I could have easily moved all by "Inbox" sub-boxes outside
of "Inbox" if I wanted to.

The problem I ran into was that someone recommended
that I place an entry such as "\Global Address List"
in the "IMAP server directory" field and in that
case, a "top-level namespace" was created and it
automatically added sub-boxes under the "\Global
Address List", "Inbox", Trash", and "Junk". Clicking
on "Subscribe...", you may find that you cannot select
any existing "boxes" outside of your "IMAP server directory"
namespace, as I did.

My problem was solved by clearing the "IMAP server
directory" field and allowed me to "Subscribe..." to
all existing boxes in the global namespace.

FWIW,
Dan