Problem in the boot of Windows XP with Grub

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue May 27 15:27:29 UTC 2008

<---------------------------[ SNIP ]-------------------->

> If there is a need to send any further information will be updating the
> list as soon as possible.
>
> I hope I have managed to explain my problem, I help you this because it
> really leaves me until dawn on the computer.
>
> Thanks.

Did you change the boot order in the BIOS, or add another drive when
you installed Fedora? It looks like XP was the first 2 drives as a
RAID array, but your Grub config has it as the second BIOS drive,
and FEdora as the first BIOS drive.

If you changed the BIOS boot order, reset it and make sure XP boots.
If it does, we can tell you how to modify the Grub config so that XP
sees the old BIOS configuration while still booting from the 3rd
SATA drive. We just have to tell Grub to fake the BIOS drive order
that XP expects.

Mikkel