F9: evolution mail with URL

Andrew Parker andrewparker at bigfoot.com
Tue May 27 18:32:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 11:45 AM, John Horne <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have noticed with F9, using Evolution mail client, that if a message
> contains a web URL and I click on it (the URL), Firefox is started up
> but remains 'minimised' in the taskbar. That is, it doesn't open up and
> show me the web page until I click on the Firefox icon in the taskbar.
>
> Since I clicked on the URL in the mail message, I would have thought it
> somewhat obvious that I want to look at the web page :-) I could see no
> options in Evolution or Firefox about this.
>
> Anyone else notice this, or have a fix for it?

Are you sure its minimised and not just underneath Evolution?  I
frequently get this and it doesn't bring Firefox to foreground to get
focus.  I assume that the time between the click and firefox trying to
grab focus is too short, so KDE disallows it.  If Firefox isn't
already running its takes longer to start up so KDE is happy to give
focus to Firefox.

/gut-feeling