F9: evolution mail with URL

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue May 27 20:24:25 UTC 2008

John Horne wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 14:32 -0400, Andrew Parker wrote:
>> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 11:45 AM, John Horne <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have noticed with F9, using Evolution mail client, that if a message
>>> contains a web URL and I click on it (the URL), Firefox is started up
>>> but remains 'minimised' in the taskbar. That is, it doesn't open up and
>>> show me the web page until I click on the Firefox icon in the taskbar.
>>>
>>> Since I clicked on the URL in the mail message, I would have thought it
>>> somewhat obvious that I want to look at the web page :-) I could see no
>>> options in Evolution or Firefox about this.
>>>
>>> Anyone else notice this, or have a fix for it?
>> Are you sure its minimised and not just underneath Evolution?
>>
> Not sure what you mean by 'underneath'. How would I tell?

Try minimizing Evolution and see if the web page is displayed.  If so,
then Firefox was open, but its screen was "under" the Evolution screen.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 at nerd.com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
-      A day for firm decisions!!!   Well, then again, maybe not!    -