Ubuntu Remastersys for Fedora?

bob2008 no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Wed May 28 01:57:07 UTC 2008

Nothing personal meant, but the problem with this response is that Revisor and the LiveCD-tools only provide a system constructed of the packages that you put in to be bundled together.  They don't provide a method of taking an existing system and creating a kickstart config file based on the changes and configuration edits of the good system like Remastersys does.  Granted there are areas where you can put scripts into play to configure some or all of that, but there isn't any data on how to configure some of the data through scripts other than set the system up the way you like it, then back it up.  For example, if you have a WEP key you need entered for a wireless AP, there isn't an easy script to set that up for a batch building system, but if you take the install of the Linux and configure it the way you want and back that up onto a liveCD.  It works every time.

I would say we are being lazy, but we do configure a complete Linux system and configure it the way desired, then back it up and shove it onto a DVD or CD, so the work is being done and perhaps could be done more efficently.

Is there a way to make a system backup into either a kickstart config file or a live CD burn like Remastersys does so that one could use Revisor?  I love Fedora and would rather use that that Ubuntu, but I cannot find any way to build the system the same way, so Ubuntu functions better than Fedora in that mode....

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=267874&topic_id=56003&forum=10#forumpost267874
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame bob at mjkern2000.fastmail.fm.