Fedora 9 + Network Manager = Wireless NOT Connecting

Marc Ferguson mferguson at digitalalias.net
Wed May 28 14:26:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

*I would like to know if anyone is having problems getting their wireless
connection to actually connect in Fedora 9 using Network Manager?*

I just installed Fedora 9 on my laptop (Thinkpad R40).  I did not do the 76
updates yet, but out-of-the-box, my wireless won't connect.  The LAN
connects just fine, but not wireless.  It's great that network manager does
an auto broadcast, now.  I put in my WEP information, which I
triple-checked, but it says the connection has disconnected.  I even tried
it on WEPless access points and the same thing happens.

*Skill-set:*  I am a linux noob so I do not fully understand all the terms
or concepts yet.  I am a Windows power-user, but as you all know that
doesn't mean squat with a REAL operating system.  Thanks for your help.

--
Marc F.

"..Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come.."
-Rev1:4