PGP signatures.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 28 15:06:19 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan:
>> gpg --sign-key <name>

Bill Crawford:
> --lsign-key, please, unless you have met the person and seen their passport.

A good idea, but could you tell a forged passport apart from a real one?
I'm sure that I couldn't.  Likewise for other forms of ID, I couldn't
tell a real one from a good fake, and I'd have no way to verify a real
ID.

Though I seriously doubt that most of use would be using gpg in a way
that required such a level of personal identify assurance.

I read messages from the public lists.