Fedora 6 directly to Fedora 9 upgrade path?

David Nguyen pppswing at yahoo.fr
Thu May 29 11:57:10 UTC 2008

Hi,
I did an update from FC6 to 9 exactly and my system wasn't booting anymore. So I search on a forum and find the solution. I have to rebuild the initd image.

How I did it?
- DVD update in text mod to update packages and kernel
- then restart with DVD in rescue mod: follow instruction with chroot and mkinitrd with the new image and then it works.

You can find those instructions in the Fedora Forum website, make a search with keywords : mkinitrd uname

Fc9 won't boot or anything else.

BR
David