Network card not starting with boot

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu May 29 14:25:11 UTC 2008

Marcelo Garcia wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I installed Fedora 9 and I having a problem with to start my network
> card when the computer starts.
>
> The computer is a Dell Precision 450 and the network card is "Intel
> 82545 EM Gigabit Ether."
>
> More details bellow. Does anyone have an idea of what is happening?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marcelo

What run level are you booting to? I know on F8, if you boot to run
level 5 (GUI login), that the NetworkManager service is started
instead of the network service. The problem is that Network Manager
does not bring up the network interface(s) until you log in. If F9
is working the same way, you can change the it so the network
service runs instead of NetworkManager. (The services GUI will let
you do this.)

Mikkel