Fc 7 installs- not Fc 8

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu May 29 06:08:40 UTC 2008

05/27/2008 08:21 AM -- ramachandranc1 at aim.com wrote:
> HD was formatted and the install process was started.The error message in
> the case of Fc8 was that there was no operating system.
>
> Fc 7 installed without any hitch.

and,,,
 this error message appeared when? which? where?

as in what part of install? ai, no operating system to install?
 or,
during reboot? ai, no operating system to boot?

long and short of it, aka, in other words,

terse is for command line input, detail is for obtaining help.

no grafix screen capture please.  ;0)

btw, pxd. i tried an install to disk of 'f9-pre-kde'. i had a good
laugh when i tried to boot it and 3 - 4 lines after 'boot menu wipe',
last line was no operating system found. sure enough, when i booted
f8 and check 'f9-pre-kde' partition, sure enough, nothing at all...

installation congratulated me too,
  and all that other happy feeling stuff.

t4, excuse my delay. had to rebuild and chop out f8 to get back on.

later.

- --

tc,hago.

.