PGP signatures.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 30 03:34:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 15:23 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Let me share that to me the whole discussion of PGP signatures was
> very unenlightening. I have no idea how to sign e-mail or validate a
> pgp signed e-mail All the discussion seemed to me to be aimed at
> people who knew all about this.

Before you can make use of pgp in mail, you have to get pgp working.
After you've made your own keys, the next thing you'll need is the other
party's keys.  You've got to be able to manage getting them in some way.

*Then* you can move on to actually using them.  Though there's probably
a "understanding how the scheme works" process that you need to go
through, first, judging by your comments.

Start with the documentation, that's where most of the rest of us
started, and you're less likely to get given a bum steer by it.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.