how to find WEP/WPA key to network if possible

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Fri May 30 11:24:42 UTC 2008

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 23:23 -0400, max wrote:
>> WEP is easily broken in under 5 minutes with the right tools. There
>> are
>> plenty of how-to's strewn across the net
>
> You can't break the WEP key unless someone is currently communicating on
> the connection. Find aircrack and try it.
> --

I never said you could. I have broken my WEP key many times that's why I
don't use WEP, it never took longer than five minutes. It used to be
that you had to capture many,many packets but now a relative handful
will do. There are ways to produce the necessary traffic IIRC by packet
injection but it has been awhile. The process is not especially
difficult and if your on a school campus then there should be plenty of
traffic.