Thunderbird: Cannot send email but can read emails

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri May 30 22:58:24 UTC 2008

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I have the F8-Thunderbird account IMAPed to my SMTP server,
> so I can read/send local email messages to local users.  But
> I cannot send email Thurnerbird (IMAP) outbound non-local
> messages.

then you should set up using 2 accounts, inside and outside
accounts and smtps,

you can use your filters to direct your incoming mail.

> I can use windoes outlook to send/receive local/remote emails
> via the same SMTP server from which this message was sent.
>
> I am trying to figure out why via F8->Thunderbird remote
> outbound email messages are "refused" (Thunderbird give the
> appearance of no errors) - I tried to send a message to
> Fedora-Users but was unable to do so.

you have your setup with default as inside account. you need to
setup outside smtp also.

> Any ideas?

rtfm comes to mind.

perseverance helps.

--

yes. i am using mozilla thunderbird. and it feels good.  ;o)

tc,hago.

.