Fedora vs RedHat

Timothy Murphy tim at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Nov 2 01:41:51 UTC 2008

Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

> Rick Stevens wrote:
>> If you can stand to lose blood and get
>> frustrated at times, then you can go with Fedora.  Just remember that
>> there are no guarantees that your stuff will work in Fedora...

> As a long-time Fedora user, I would have to disagree. This definitely
> applies to Rawhide, but not to the standard Fedora issue.

I agree.

I don't buy this bleeding-edge stuff.
95% of the time something doesn't work in Fedora
it is because the developer has made a typo, or other simple error.
it's not because he/she is trying the equivalent of brain-surgery.

I think the leading-edge paradigm is usually used as an excuse
for trivial errors.
These occur all the time, inevitably.
But they should not be put down to anything but human oversight.