Which one is better Ubuntu Or Fedora 9

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 17:01:00 UTC 2008

--- On Sun, 11/2/08, Alex Makhlin <makhlina at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Alex Makhlin <makhlina at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Which one is better Ubuntu Or Fedora 9
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Sunday, November 2, 2008, 8:48 AM
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > Alex Makhlin wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Which one do you think is better and for what
> reasons. Ubuntu or Fedora
> >> 9. Personally I like Fedora 9.
> >>

> > Better for what? It is a matter of using the correct
> tool for the job.
> >
> > Mikkel
> >
> The job is sir to have the best Linux environment. So which
> is better,
> Fedora OR Ubuntu?
>
> --

Great Question :)
Sorry to nose in on this question.  But how about BOTH!
Fedora for getting in recent/latest packages ie. kernel, gcc, glibc, ..., etc.
Ubuntu LTS(Long Term Support), very useful help pages throughout the net(little more than Fedora), more support other than LTS, ..., etc.,
cutomized versions(Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu, ..., Ubuntu Christian Edition, Ubuntu Muslim Edition, ...)

Which is better Ford or Chevy?  Wait there's also Dodge, Toyota, ..., great to have choices.  Linux is like this also.  I happen to agree with
Mikkel on this one :)

"It is a matter of using the correct tool for the job."

Use them both or pick one of them.  Whichever works best for you and helps you get the job done!  :)

Blonde, or Brunette?
Gnome/KDE?
vi/emacs?
Good/Evil?