CUPS, Alpine, and printserving : telnet weirdness

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Mon Nov 3 15:49:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 18:20:23 +1030, Tim wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 21:07 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
>> It can, of course, and has several times. That's how I know that such
>> things can save me. What I was trying to say was that it couldn't hurt
>> to have another way also available.
>
> It certainly *can* hurt to have a telnet server on a machine, or even
> use telnet across an insecure network.

	Of course. But I'm thinking of times like the many recently, when
one or another of my none too new machines couldn't cope at all, at all,
with my new wide monitor. Getting to init3 requires a reboot, afaik --
especially in a case such as this, when the machine seems blind and deaf
to both the keyboard and the mouse; getting into system-config-display a/
o xorg.conf with ssh or telnet (IF the latter could) would be quicker.

	I didn't mean to imply that I was going to install telnet-server.