Issue with yum updating

Patrick Topping ptopping at pobox.com
Mon Nov 3 17:30:36 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 08:29:59 -0800, Patrick Topping wrote:
>

>> [root at turtle init.d]#  yum update
>> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
>> YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file.
>>  Eg. /
>> removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors:
>> //var/cache/yum/fedora/mirrorlist.txt
>> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: fedora
>>

> What is the reason you don't show what that mirrorlist.txt files
> contains? Alternatively, show the fedora.repo configuration file and
> the URL for the mirrorlist in there.

Michael,

Problem found..... I think.  I do not have any mirror lists files.  Not
sure where they have gone...:-(

[root at turtle ~]# find / -name 'mirrorlist.txt'
[root at turtle ~]#

Where can I download the mirror lists for the following repositories..???

adobe-linux-i386.repo
fedora-development.repo
Fedora-install-media.repo
fedora.repo
fedora-updates.repo
freshrpms.repo
livna-devel.repo
livna.repo

The fedora.repo config file contains the following:

[root at turtle yum.repos.d]# more fedora.repo
[fedora]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY

[fedora-debuginfo]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - Debug
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/debug/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-debug-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY

[fedora-source]
name=Fedora $releasever - Source
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/source/SRPMS/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-source-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY

Thanks.

-Patrick