Livna / RPMFusion updates

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 18:57:07 UTC 2008

Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh <at> pacbell.net> writes:

> I recently accepted an update of the Livna repository info from
> livna-release-9-1.noarch to livna-release-9-2.noarch . This caused the
> availability of a large number of updates from the RPMFusion repo.
>
> Should I trust these updates?  The GPG signature for the RPMFusion repo
> is not right now installed.

When I updated my F8 system a short time ago I had an update to rpm-fusion
also.  When I checked the /etc/pki/rpm-gpg directory I now have new gpg key
files for free and non-free repos from rpmfusion. I presume that when new
versions of the packages I already have are available that it will ask if
I wish to install the gpg keys.
Doing:
less /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-updates.repo
shows that gpgcheck is enabled so if any future updates come in then
it will check against the keys. Since the rpm that installed to put these
new keys and repo files was itself subject to a gpg check then presumably
all the new stuff is indeed "kosher"...

I guess a local rpm-fusion expert will correct me if I am wrong!