Non-kde app launcher in KDE4 F9?

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Tue Nov 4 13:44:50 UTC 2008

On Tue November 4 2008 4:10:22 am Mike Cloaked wrote:
> I am away from my f9 machine at present - but I will try this in the next
> day or so. Your info does relate to KDE4 in the kickoff menu, not KDE3.35 I
> presume? If this will give the ability to add a link to a script to run
> then this is what I need or a link to any third part application, or code
> that I have compiled or untarred to an area such as /opt/*****
> If this will indeed create a new menu item in kickoff then getting an icon
> from there into the panel is easy.

What the menu editor does is open a display of the classic menu and allow you
to create an icon there for any executable on your machine. Once you're done,
that menu-item you just created will also appear in the kickoff menu, and as
you point out, is easily deployable from there to the panel, desktop, or
favorites list.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA