Preventing USB automount

Steve Berg sberg at mississippi.com
Tue Nov 4 15:27:40 UTC 2008

john wendel wrote:
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>> On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:18:55 -0600 (CST)
>> "Steve Berg" <sberg at mississippi.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there an easy rule to create for udev that will turn off that
function?

> Or you could take the easy way out (like I do), "chkconfig haldaemon
off". I don't miss it at all.

> Regards,
>
> John

Yep, that does work, unfortunately it also breaks a few things I don't
want to break

So far I've managed to tweak the rule in 50-udev-default.rules so I at
least get an email notification that a usb device has been attached.  Now
I need to do that and prevent the mounting of said device.

Maybe somebody can offer advice on this:  If I leave the libusb section in
50-udev-default.rules file and put my new rule that does notification in a
20-local.rules I understand that the 20 file is a higher priority.  But
does that also mean that if a new device gets a hit in the 20 file that it
will ignore the rule in 50?  Or should I be commenting out the libusb
entry in 50 so it's disabled and only the 20-local.rules file will take
action?

--
*       Stephen Berg       *
*  sberg at mississippi.com   *