pdftk - f9 & f10

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Nov 5 00:41:31 UTC 2008

It's my understanding that pdftk was removed from the F9 repository due to some
licensing issues with itext (which pdftk requires to work).

pdftk is rather important to me and I assume a lot of other people as well.  I
use it to create two-up impositions for a printing press.

I found a web page that stated the problems with itext had now been solved so
itext was in the F10 rawhide repo.

I just checked and sure enough, itext-2.1.3-4.fc10.src.rpm, right there large
as life.

However, pdftk isn't there.

Accordingly I have two questions:

Will itext also become officially available for F9?

Will pdftk become officially available for F9 and F10?