acer aspire one - wireless ethernet

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Nov 5 22:01:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:31:53 -0800
bruce <bedouglas at earthlink.net> wrote:

> can i ask you to try setting up your system, without encryption/passwords...
>
> as a test... i'm wondering if the security aspects are causing some sort of
> conflict.

I just turned set the wireless security on my router to "disabled" and then
booted the Acer Aspire One and got it online wirelessly.  I then used scp to
copy the large file from my desktop computer to the Acer.  The first time I
tried it, all 5mb transferred just fine.  It would only get through about 3mb
of that before locking up with the WPA2 security enabled.

I then attempted to copy that file a second time, entering the exact same
command.  And after getting about halfway through the transfer (just short of
3mb) the connection was locked up just the same as it was before.

So the problem still exists with the wireless security turned off.  It seems to
transfer about twice as much data before locking up, though.