libssl.so.6 required by git

Sashan Govender sashang at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 11:40:25 UTC 2008

Why are my dependecies broken?

I upgraded Fed 8 to Fed 9 yesterday and have noticed this:

git: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.6: cannot open

This is just one of a number of failed dependecies. I´ve tried
reinstalling openssl and git but it doesn´t change things.  I do have
about 400 updates pending according to the update manager. That´s
because I can´t be bothered downloading all the updates yet.

This is a list of my repositories.
repo id              repo name                                status
adobe-linux-i386     Adobe Systems Incorporated               enabled :      17
fedora               Fedora 9 - i386                          enabled :   9,897
livna                Livna for Fedora Core 9 - i386 - Base    enabled :     967
updates              Fedora 9 - i386 - Updates                enabled :      10
updates-newkey       Fedora 9 - i386 - Updates Newkey         enabled :   4,612
repolist: 15,503

This is the version of openssl installed:

Package openssl-0.9.8g-9.fc9.i686 already installed and latest version

Thanks