Yum Woes with Python (Michael Schwendt)

Seann Clark nombrandue at tsukinokage.net
Thu Nov 6 15:18:01 UTC 2008

Nelson Chan wrote:
> um.. i don't know what you are doing actually but i just make a guess.
>
> Should the python code be   "from logging import config" instead of
>  "import logging.config" ??
>
> --
> - Nelson Chan
This problem is the after effect of a package add that nicely toasted
YUM (And cobbler, and any other Python programs using config or logging)
and they break on the logging.config. I don't have very much of a clue
on Python (haven't gotten around to learning it yet) so I am rather
stumped on the problem. any time a program calls either 'import config'
or 'import logging' the program dies saying module config not found.
Most of the replies I have been making are results of 'try this for more
output' requests.

Seems a wrong update has stumped a few people on the list. When I get
the solution to this, I am adding it into my tech wiki, so I remember
how to fix it afterwards. Sadly, though it is due to that Wiki(Trac)
that all this started.....

~Seann