ASUS M3A78-EM -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Nov 6 16:20:42 UTC 2008

Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com wrote:

>> From: Bob Goodwin
>>

>> I see that Newegg has a sale on ASUS M3A78-EM AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI
>> Micro ATX AMD Motherboard.
>> I guess what I want to know is does anyone have experience with this
>> board?  I would not install Windows, only Fedora Linux, probably F-9.
>>

> Have you gone to their site?  I have used several of their boards over
> the years and their support had been quite good.  I even got some help
> with compiling the kernel to get the on-board SCSI to work.  No, I had
> no real idea what I was doing, the guy just gave me really good step by
> step instructions that he used but that was years ago.

Yes, but there was no negative information there as one might expect and
nothing about video memory.

I think I will risk it and get the board.  I would like to get that other
computer running since I usually keep two configured the same so I always
have a source of configuration information as well as one to experiment
with ...

Thanks.

Bob